IT'S NOVEMBER!

We conceived Kylan approximately on February 21st. The '2ww' (two week window) was much longer than anticipated and I gave in and tested more than 5 days before my missed period, despite the 0 chances of it being able to detect pregnancy.I was distraught when the 2 lines did not show up, indicating 'not pregnant.' I SWORE I was pregnant. I just knew. I paid attention to my body very closely those days.

Me: "Hey mom, I have more than usual discharge, is that normal?"
Mom: "Maybe you have chlamydia."

My boobs got sore quick this pregnancy. I only had one more test left and I was not wasting it this time (those tests are expensive!)! I decided to use it 3 days before my expected period. I ran into the bedroom and told Ken the news.


It's hard to see but I knew it was there. A line IS A LINE. WE WERE PREGNANT!! Now let's go take a pregnant picture outside in the snow!
*****************

I'm back to the long awaited 2WW as I anxiously await the arrival of our baby girl. I pay close attention to my symptoms including checking my underwear constantly to see if my water broke. Or "Is that a cramp I just felt or a bowel movement?"

Tomorrow is my last day of work and then I nest and rest. We installed the car seat earlier this week without any luck, but still, I know we are ready for her.

*****************

I'm not going to lie, I did not want a Halloween baby for several selfish reasons including but not limited to her having to share her birthday with a holiday. Sure themed parties would be fun, but how 'expected.' Graciously, we enjoyed our last Halloween childless and it was great. Ken and I rushed home to get ready for the Trick-o-treaters. We had some last minute decorations to set up (never got around to carving the pumpkins) and I wanted to get a Halloween playlist going.

6 o'clock rolls around and we are all smiles waiitng out on the porch for the kids (it was beautiful out). We ended up playing with Cali in the grass as no kids showed up for a good 25 minutes. Trick o' treating certainly isn't what it used to be. We were expecting swarms of kids but instead got no more than 20. A few of them being too young to even eat candy, but how adorable were they. I couldn't help but picture how it's going to be next year. AWESOME.

 I'm a sucker for the holidays.

 Ken carved one pumpkin last week. The chipmunks got to it by the 31st.

 
My Halloween nails on my very enlarged pregnant hands.

Comments

Popular Posts