31.

I love throwing parties. It's probably one of my favorite things to do. So when my birthday fell on Easter weekend - I felt like I hit the jackpot. Easter themed birthday party? YES PLEASE. I'm at the age where I know surprise parties are just not logistically possible and the only way to get all your people together to celebrate an occasion is to plan it yourself. So that's what I did.



I planned an adult egg easter egg hunt because nothing brings me more pleasure than watching my friends scamper around the yard playing games. It happened to be a really warm day which was great for an outside game but not so great for all the sweaty people crammed in my small, clammy house.


I think people were expecting an actual easter egg hunt where it was free for all to find the eggs, but logistically with 15 people... that's a lot of friggen eggs and money. So I created a scavenger easter egg hunt instead. The clues were cute, I thought..."Everyone gets along in the" {answer - sandbox} or "Bills, bills, bills" {answer - mailbox}. But naturally, a few of the teammates dominated while the rest stayed back. Those who dominated said it was fun but wished there were more clues. CAN'T WIN THEM ALL.

It was a wine tasting party, too. Because you know, I'm that extra. There was so much wine. Everyone brought a bottle or two or three. We had worksheets and these cute wine label covers that Joanna designed for me. Again, some people took it more seriously than others. Those who did though were the ones probably regretting it the next day haha.





We also played a very loud game of Scategories. And my mom asking Google "OK Google, does Rocky sing Eye of the Tiger?" was definitely a highlight of my night. It was a really fun evening and I'm beaming with joy to have such an amazing friend group that stays with me year after year. I know they aren't all necessarily friends with one another but it's really important to me that they at least get along. And it makes me so happy to see Kylan with all her aunties 💜






Ky did Carolyn's hair 😂


After I put my very sleepy child to bed with my very drunk mother, a few people stayed up until 1AM rallying.  Because it was such a beautiful evening, we stayed outside talking and had a fire. Those are my favorite moments of any party... the last hour when you're happy drunk and not wanting the night to end.



Oh and that cake! Matt went over the top with a custom carrot cake from Jacques. It was sooo friggen good. And I'll be eating it for the rest of the week...along with all the leftover wine 😆


31 is already shaping up to be an epic year.

Comments

Popular Posts