Reflecting on your third year of life.

I spray your nursery mist in your room and breath it in deeply as a reminder of your fresh newborn scent. I would give anything for the real thing. If only. Lately I’ve been scrolling through your infant photos in complete reverence of your natural beauty, stopping at my favorites and closing my eyes tight in order to relive that exact moment.

Like this one:


I don’t always iron my clothes but when I do, I make sure it’s in the nude with my shower cap on.

And this one, as we wait ‘patiently’ for the doctor:


Too cool to remove my squeaky shoes.

A casual Monday morning eating my "na-na":

Too cool for school, obviously:

November really gets to me. All the emotions and all the nostalgia hits me like a ton of bricks leaving me with a constant lump in my chest with the reminder of you being 3 so very soon. No longer a baby and nearing the end of your toddler days. Childhood is creeping up on us.



You’re so fiercely opinionated and passionate. It’s Kylan’s way or the highway. You learn best by doing and need to fully understand why you are doing it and for what purpose. You are incredibly intelligent and independent while at the same time highly sensitive with an intense need to control the world around you. Everyday I struggle with finding the balance between allowing your strong-willed personality to remain true while at the same time wanting to break through it and subdue your intensity. Some may call you “demanding,” “stubborn,” “bossy”, “difficult,” or even “defiant.” But one could also say you are “determined,” “confident,” and “bold.” These are important characteristics to be a leader someday, Kylan. And I have no doubt that you could be one, if you so choose.

I know your unique gifts are going be a blessing to the world someday. In fact, they already are. Your friends are naturally attracted to your free spirit and spontaneity. Plus it helps that you’re funny too – quite hilarious actually.




So keep challenging me baby and keep being you. And always remember that we are in this together, forever.

I'm right here, to catch you when you fall...if you will let me.

As we are approaching your third birthday and I reflect on all my blessings you have given me, I hope you know that I love you for everything you are today and for everything you are destined to become. Thank you Kylan Grace for choosing me to be your Mama.


Comments

Popular Posts